Aging Well and Planning for the Future
Saturday, April 08, 2017, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Saturday, April 8, 9am to 12pm
For baby boomers, it seems like just yesterday the main topic of conversation was play dates and carpools. Now it’s all about dealing with aging parents and their illnesses and cognitive issues, all while making room for a millennial to move back home.
Whether you are a boomer struggling with getting older, the child of an aging boomer, or find yourself somewhere in between - these seminars are for you.
Workshop topics include:
- Memory: What’s Normal and What’s Not as We Age (Alzheimer’s): Featuring Scott N. Losk, Ph.D., Principal Investigator at the Memory Health Center at Summit Research Network
- Medicare: Presented by Janet Bowman, Senior Health Insurance Benefit Assistant (SHIBA) volunteer
- Retirement-Which Door Will You Choose?: Presented by local Certified Financial Planners
- Wills and Trusts: Presented by Justin Martin of Myatt & Bell, PC
- Preparing to Downsize: Presented by Melodie Rice, Senior Real Estate Specialist
- Disaster Preparedness: Presented by Pat Murphy and Steve Muir, former Wash Co. Emergency Manager
- Having CHOICE in Senior Care: Presented by Jody Pearson and Naomi Slater of Choice Advisory Services
There will two sessions where you'll have your choice of which seminars to attend. The cost is $5 with advance registration or $6 at the door. Register in the lobby on Sundays beginning March 12 or register online. Sponsored by the Premier community, open to all who would like to attend. Feel free to invite anyone you think may be interested.